Blogger KULSHAN - Lead Author: Stan G. Webb - In Retirement © ®™: Walley & Me, Two Old Guys Flying Around Google (opens in a new tab)

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Walley & Me, Two Old Guys Flying Around

Dedicated to Leonard Thor for picking up a stranger at McGillvery and helping him get sorted.

Thanks to you, Lenard Thor, I I did get to the Bridge River Valley in time to take photographs for the Bridge River Lillooet News of at the Bralorne Baseball Tournament on July 1, 2003.

Pre-Dawn Flight Check
aey swayel mekw wat, 
Dia dhaoibh (Irish, my first language)
Hello Everyone:  


Update: Hyperlinks to my curren
t location are here: Kiwanis Lynn Manor & Me© - The Seasons Of A Man's Life. 
I will continue posting here, as well.
As Always >> Sound On >> Best viewed Full Screen >> Darkened Room
This short video is dedicated to Wally Mulligan
https://youtu.be/fDm-M_wlJzU [10:39 minutes]
Also On Vimeo https://vimeo.com/294351698

Wally Mulligan and I first met at a meeting of the North Vancouver Kiwanis in the late 1990s.  I was a Director and the Treasurer of Kiwanis at that time.

Wally and I became friends; later he became one of my heroes and mentors.   He had been a great supporter of Kiwanis, often holding the highest office, over many, many years.


Wally was also a most excellent, experienced author, raconteur, naturalist, outdoorsma
n, and wildlife photographer. He and his family were studying the range and location and specialized in photographing mountain sheep.

After getting to know Wally a little better, I asked him if he would like to come flying with me.  Yes!  Since we were nearing our end of days, I decided to make this flying trip one of special significance to Wally.  Wally's call sign for this trip was Whiskey Alpha Lima Lima Yankee.  Wally died a little while after this flight. I miss him.

My wonderful niece, Sarah and her family, hosted us while we overnighted in 100 Mile House, BC.


The Route: Boundary Bay Airport, Fly to Pemberton BC, Over Railway Pass, Down Hurley River, My First Home Town of Minto, Churn Creek, Gang Ranch, WW2 Bomber Training Base, 100 Mile House, Canim Falls, Mahood Falls, Back to Boundary Bay Airport, Drive Home to North Vancouver Canada.


Sierra Tango Alpha November, Whiskey Echo Bravo Bravo OUT . [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet ]




No comments :

Post a Comment